- No one is allowed in the range under the influence of alcohol or any controlled substance including prescription medication which may impair the person’s physical or mental abilities.
- Anyone under the age of 18 years shall be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian at all times.
- Anyone under the age of 12 years shall be prohibited from entering the Ready Room and/or Range Room.
- ALWAYS obey all federal, state and local firearms laws and regulations.
- ALWAYS keep the firearm aimed in a safe direction and always down range when in the Range Room.
- ALWAYS maintain control and custody of a loaded firearm. Never leave a loaded firearm unattended.
FIREARMS & AMMUNITION
- All pistol calibers and rifle calibers, up to 300 Win Mag are permitted.
- All shotguns are permitted
- All NFA weapons are permitted if shooter possesses necessary documentation for each firearm
- Generally, all ammunition is permitted, except tracers, armor piercing, steel core or “green tip” ammo.
- Muzzle loading and black powder firearms are prohibited.
All firearms shall be unloaded with action open and the magazine removed or unloaded and in a case until shooter is in shooter’s assigned stall. All CCA shooter’s must keep firearm holstered until shooter is in shooter’s assigned stall.
- Shooter shall not possess a loaded firearm in the Lobby.
- Shooter with CCA shall keep firearm holstered in the Lobby.
- Shooter shall not possess a loaded firearm in the Ready Room.
- Shooter with CCA shall keep firearm holstered in the Ready Room.
- Shooter shall not possess a loaded firearm until shooter is standing in the shooter’s assigned stall.
- Shooter with CCA must keep firearm holstered until shooter is standing in the shooter’s assigned stall.
- Once in the assigned stall, Shooter may load firearm.
- Once in the assigned stall, Shooter with CCA may unholster firearm.
- No shooter shall possess more than one loaded firearm at a time.
- Shooter shall always point a loaded firearm down range at the target in shooter’s firing lane.
- DO NOT LEAVE STALL WITH A LOADED OR JAMMED FIREARM.
- Range Safety Officer (RSO) shall have the right to inspect any firearms and/or ammunition upon request.
- RSO’s command(s) shall be obeyed at all time.
- RSO’s air horn command(s) shall be:
- 1 blast – “CEASE FIRE IMMEDIATELY”
- 2 blasts “RESUME FIRE WHEN READY.”
- Upon a “CEASE FIRE” command:
- Stop shooting immediately.
- Remover your finger from the trigger.
- Keep weapon pointed in a safe direction before unloading the firearm.
- Follow all additional commands of the RSO.
- Everyone shall wear appropriate eye/ear protection prior to entering the Range Room.
- No more than one observer/parent/guardian may accompany a shooter into the Range Room.
- No more than one shooter per stall / firing lane.
- Shooter shall adjust all Targets at the level of the shooter’s chest so to avoid ceiling/floor strikes. (RSO’s job?)
- Shooter shall maintain control of each firearm when firing single or multiple rounds. No shooting from the holster.
- No one may possess or discharge more than one loaded firearm at a time.
- No one shall travel down range in a firing lane for any reason.
- No one shall retrieve any spent brass or other object from the ground without first seeking permission from the RSO.
- If firearm misfires or malfunction, keep the firearm pointed down range and signal the RSO. DO NOT LEAVE THE STALL WITH A LOADED OR JAMMED FIREARM.
- Report any unsafe conduct or condition to the RSO immediately.
- Anyone entering the Range Room shall was hands and face to remove any lead or chemicals from their body. Specifically formulated soap for removing these compounds/chemicals is provided in the rest room in the ready room.
ANYONE IN VIOLATION OF A BLACK DAWN RANGE RULE shall be immediately dismissed from the premises.
ANYONE IN VIOLATION OF A RSO COMMAND shall be immediately dismissed from the premises.